As if I don’t have enough in the knitting queue already, it’s time to get crackin’ on the spring knits! Ok, so organized, conscientious knitters have been crackin’ on their spring knits for quite some time, now, since it’s actually time to start wearing your spring knits, but I have a tendency to be perpetually late to the party. I picked up the Spring 2007 Interweave Knits a couple weeks ago, and I think the Ruffled Surplice on the cover is just so pretty. Yesterday I ordered some Rowan Cotton Rope (on sale at Webs) in “lemonade.” I know it’s a gamble ordering yarn online, and I have been disappointed by colors in the past, so this time I looked at the Cotton Rope colors on every website I could find. The “lemonade” varied from Big Bird yellow to pale pastels, so I’m hoping for something in between. What I’d really like is a light, springy, kind of acidic, retro shade of yellow. If you know that’s NOT what I’m getting, don’t tell me yet. I’m currently using sheer force of will to MAKE it that color when it arrives on my doorstep.
Here’s the status of the Other Projects:
– The EZ baby sweater is almost ready to block. I will definitely beat the baby to the finish line on this one!
– The body of the lace hoodie is finished. It needs sleeves and a hood and this should be a good project to take to knitting club, since I have the pattern memorized.
– The Ms. Oni Opera Gloves have been moved to the back burner. I’ve made some more progress on them, but they’ll be a good summer project, on those lazy days in mid-July when you want to knit, but don’t want to have a giant pile of wool in your lap. And they’re knitting up so darn quick, I doubt they’ll be in the bottom of the knitting basket for long.
– I ripped out most of the Kristin Nicholas pillow. I decided that the main fair isle motif was a little too Southwestern for my taste and selected another pattern from this website, which I suggest you all bookmark immediately. (Unless you already have. Like I said, perpetually late to the party.)
– Lucy in the Sky and Jaywalkers? Um…what Lucy in the Sky and Jaywalkers?
I finally get to give the Child’s Placket-Neck Pullover to the new mommy this weekend! I know it’s wrong, but I really want to win this baby shower.